March 30, 2012

Summary for Year 2011

In 2011 I tried some browser games. In June 28th, 2011 Google+ was published and I received my invite. In August 11th Google+ launched the games section. I tried Angry Birds, Dragon Age Legends, Zynga Poker, Zombie Lane and so on. I haven't played much Facebook games, because I mainly play with my consoles, but I did try the Sims Social, which was launched in August 9th, 2011.



I also kept testing some random phone/mobile platform games. With Windows Phone 7 I upgraded to the Mango version and played the free Xbox Live games Minesweeper, Flowerz and Plants vs. Zombies to get some easy achievements. With my 3rd generation iPod Touch I tried Rage HD and 1000 Heroz. With my Android 2.1 phone I tried Angry Birds Rio and some random OpenFeint games.

I have Mac Pro 8-Core and MacBook Pro, so I have tried some games on OS X 10.7 Lion to see the difference compared to Windows and Linux. I bought World of Warcraft Battle Chest, which is aimed for the beginners and contains a couple of manuals. Upgrading to Wrath of the Lich King and then to Cataclysm went fine. Except I couldn't upgrade from the DVD, instead I had to download the upgrades from the web. I bought a 60 day pre-paid game card from Gamestop and played up to level 80 or so. With Mac Pro you can pretty much use the full settings. With MacBook Pro you need to use lower graphics options or there will be too much lag. I bought the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2, which also includes the option to install the game to your Mac using Steam and of course it looks nicer on Mac.


When we are talking about game consoles, Xbox 360 is still my main choice. I rarely touch my Nintendo Wii anymore. With PlayStation 3 I played only Gran Turismo 5 occasionally and the beginning of Portal 2. With Xbox 360 I played for example Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Saints Row: The Third, Gears of War 3, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I purchased Call of Duty Elite membership, but it doesn't offer me anything special I need. Yeah, you get the maps sooner, but I'm not usually the first people to buy new maps anyway, because I can wait for a few months before making my decision.

I went back to Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. Because Arrival DLC was published March 29th, 2011 as an introduction to Mass Effect 3, I also decided to download Kasumi DLC and Overlord DLC. Then I played ME1 and ME2 with a paragon female, because previously I already played them with a renegade male. In addition to that, I also played ME1 and ME2 with an ugly engineer trying to kill as many in-game characters including my team mates to see what happens in the last mission when you don't have pretty much any updates to your ship either. And that's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment