April 29, 2009

Less Multiplayer, More Achievements

I'm not addicted to getting a higher Gamerscore, but I have so low Gamerscore for too many of my games, so I decided to play multiplayer games less this month. My favorite multiplayer games are Project Gotham Racing 3 (PGR3), UNO, Halo 3 (including co-op campaign), Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (COD4) and Call of Duty: World at War (COD5). After completing Halo Wars campaign on Hardcore difficulty in co-op I played Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City with my Nintendo Wii until I got to the point where my city now has a waterfall and a lighthouse, and where I could no longer make my house bigger. There's still more to do, but I got bored with it at that point.

I have bought more games than I have time to play, because I've wanted to see different kind of games, so it was time to get some achievements for a while. I played My Horse and Me 2 for 820 Gamerscore and then I finished LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures for 1000 Gamerscore.

I still have games with 0 Gamerscore, so I have tried to get at least one achievement in those games. I played Kung Fu Panda and SEGA Superstars Tennis a little bit. I tried Feeding Frenzy, one of those few 60 Hz games that don't work with my SVGA CRT monitor, so I needed to play it with my HD TV. I got some achievements in Luxor 2, but I got stuck on level 10-2, so I switched to another game (I might try to finish the stages later, but this game is too simple to be played for many hours). I got two achievements in Warlords, one in Asteroids & Asteroids Deluxe, one in Yie Ar Kung Fu and one in Sensible World of Soccer (SWOS). I also tried Geometry Wars Evolved and Tempest again, but didn't get any achievements for them. Some games really have hardcore achievements! Now for a past few days I've been playing Rapala Tournament Fishing and it's not as simple as you might think. You need to switch lure types and sizes and fishing spots until you start getting certain target fish you are supposed to get to complete tournaments and time challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment